Responsible for planning, execution, reporting, quality and consistency of global internal audit projects, including being a subject matter expert in and an agent of continuous improvement of the company's Global Internal Audit’s planning and execution methodology, report format and writing and ratings. Work involves supporting the global audit plan including financial, strategic, compliance and operational audit projects; managing multiple audit projects, providing advisory services to management; risk assessments, providing input into the development of the audit plan; and providing ongoing training, coaching and supervision to lead senior, senior, and staff auditors. Upholds organizational and professional ethical standards and works independently under general direction with extensive latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
• As Project Manager, supervises the overall performance of audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
• Provides proactive feedback to Project Sponsor (Director overseeing project) regarding status of projects and audit issues.
• Recommends and effectively introduces analytics solutions for high risk audit areas; identifying applicable analytical methods / tools and technologies for various analytic projects / audits; managing and delivering complex analytic audits
• Identifies, schedules, and trains guest auditors on audits / projects.
• Implements Fraud framework within country(ies) of responsibility.
• Communicates the results of audit and advisory projects via written reports and oral presentations.
• Assists the Global Internal Audit Leadership Team in planning, organizing, directing and monitoring Internal Audit operations, including hiring, training and evaluating staff; and taking corrective actions to address performance problems.
• Manages assigned regional lead seniors, seniors, and staff auditors, including performance appraisal and individual development activities.
• Customer satisfaction and quality assurance so that stakeholders for their projects receive quality products and services.
• Participates in the risk assessment and audit planning process.
• Administrative matters related to Global Internal Audit operations.
• Develops and maintains intimate knowledge of country operations, locations, financial results, control environment, initiatives, and strategies.
• Builds value added relationships with country management, and acts as key point of contact
• Pursues professional development opportunities, including internal and external training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers.
• Performs related work as assigned by the Global Internal Audit Leadership Team.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; MBA is a plus
• CPA / CA, CIA, or international equivalent
• Eight or more years of full-time experience in auditing, accounting, business analysis, or program evaluation, including one to four years supervisory or project management experience.
• SOX experience a plus
• Excellent English skills required. Other foreign languages are a plus.
• Industry knowledge or expertise in a relevant specialty area (e.g. IT, Trading, Engineering, etc.) is desirable
Must also have the following demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Considerable knowledge of industry and related country regulations and laws.
• Extensive skill in project planning and management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
• Considerable skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
• Considerable skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations.
• Considerable skill in using Microsoft Office products (i.e., PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
• Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
• Proven track record of team leadership, and development of sustainable relationships with executives.
• Considerable skill and experience in leading teams of diversely skilled resources.
• Ability to work in an ever growing global environment with domestic and international travel requirements
• Skills in conducting international business including any advanced or multiple language abilities.
50-60% both domestic and international