Position: Waste Water Supervisor - Goldsboro NC
This position is responsible for ensuring that all water leaving the plant water treatment facility meets or exceeds required guidelines. In addition the WW supervisor works with production departments to ensure discharge of effluents and waste products coming into the waste water facilities are handled according to required city, state and federal regulations and oversees the maintenance and cleanliness of all of the facilities grounds.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs operational maintenance on all water treatment systems;
- Keeps administrative records;
- Budgets for enough funds to operate and maintain the treatment facility effectively
- Provides a safe working environment and ensures all assigned personnel has proper safety equipment and tools for safe completion of assigned tasks.
- Analyzes operational data to determine changes and improvements needed to accomplish objectives
- Ensures wastewater samples are correctly collected and sent to the lab for determining permit compliance
- Generates reports for the corporate office and government agencies as required.
- Oversees and maintains the operation of pre-treatment equipment
- Ensure the Proper operation of rendering and Offal equipment.
- Schedules all loads to be picked up by Valley Protein.
- Schedules all employees to ensure operational readiness of the Rendering Plant.
- Ensures that all employees work in a safe manner.
- Maintains the Morganton Offal Trailer Log daily.
- Perform a daily safety walk through.
- Providing guidance and leadership to all department personnel on shift
- Manage operational efficiencies, key performance indicators and down time.
- Basic computer and database application skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, and strong communication skills.
- Ability to work within timelines and in pressure situations.
- Ability to handle multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, holidays and weekend work
- 2 years - Waste Water Experience
- Physical/Chemical Wastewater License (Required)
- College Degree or commensurate experience in Waste Water