This position acts as a global subject matter expert and plays a key role in the preparation of the company’s consolidated financial statements, forming part of their quarterly SEC forms 10-Q and annual form 10-K, as well as any related external filings. The position also acts as a super user/system admin for their external reporting/SEC filing application, Workiva, assisting in troubleshooting and application questions, while monitoring user security and other internal controls. Additionally, this position works closely with external auditors during quarterly reviews, and supports other corporate functions (Investor Relations, Treasury, Legal) regarding external reporting requirements.
External Reporting (70%)
• Coordinate the quarter-end closing process, including quality reviews of regional financial statement submissions (HFM/OneStream financial reporting packages and related disclosures, financial statement variance analysis, as well as information provided by other global corporate functions).
• Help prepare the company’s consolidated financial statements, and related footnote disclosures for inclusion in their SEC Forms 10-Q and 10-K, as well as any other required filings.
• Assist with their MD&A commentary preparation, using information and analyses submitted by their operating businesses and FP&A.
• Assist Legal, Investor Relations, Treasury and other global corporate functions with the preparation and filing of required periodic SEC filings.
• Improve and standardize group closing activities: Develop a standard, formalized set of close tasks, identify best practices across the company and deploy them throughout the group.
• Tag required externally reported information in accordance with iXBRL filing requirements.
• Act as the company’s SEC filing system (Workiva) Knowledge Champion: Act as super user/system admins to maintain the accuracy and integrity of reporting information, test and deploy upgrades and manage system access.
• Assist the company’s Management Reporting and Information team to develop and deploy their new global consolidation system (OneStream), by ensuring information and data necessary to prepare required US GAAP and SEC disclosures are readily obtainable from the system with minimal manual intervention/potential for error.
• Work with Regional Controllers to perform drill-down analyses to identify reporting inconsistencies and make timely corrections.
• Support Group Controller and in-house US GAAP technical experts to research and accurately conclude on technical accounting issues and new accounting standard implementations.
• Support their financial reporting training program by developing and delivering periodic training events to key regional staff.
• Develop close related communications to ExCo management and the Board of Directors.
SOX & Policies (30%)
• Work with global SOX Coordinators to maintain best in class SOX documentation for financial close related controls.
• Maintain SOX documentation for External Reporting team tasks.
• Liaise with external auditors to timely address and resolve all audit issues related to external reporting.
• Degree in Finance/Economics. Qualified accountant (CPA, or equivalent) is a plus
• Three to five years’ experience in a Big 4 and/or similar function in an international environment
• External Reporting (Financial Statement Compilation and SEC filing under US GAAP) experience
• Good knowledge of US GAAP, SOX, SEC requirements
• Strong desire to learn the business - Previous exposure to industry and trading businesses is definitely a plus
• Demonstrated critical thinking skills with a strong attention to detail
• Team player with the ability to collaborate effectively
• Excellent communication skills including verbal, written, listening and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to be open/trustworthy