The Assistant General Counsel is responsible for providing legal and compliance advice globally, relevant to the operations and regulations of the company's Product Lines business. Provides advice and guidance as to economic regulations that impact the commodities trading activities globally for them. Oversee a team addressing customer information / KYC / due diligences for customers, economic sanctions and Export Controls and will report to the Deputy General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer of the company
- Serve as global Compliance counsel regarding Economic Sanctions.
- Support the Deputy General Counsel of the company by providing general legal advice.
- Maintain and update the global Economic Sanctions policies, procedures and practices, including continuous review and updates on screening procedures.
- Update as relevant all training materials on Economic Sanctions and all related policies; and design and provide training on same globally at appropriate time intervals.
- Remain current on legislation and proposed regulations as to Economic Sanctions and Anti-Boycott Laws, as well as anti-money laundering regulations and best practices.
- Provide responsive and timely advice and guidance on commercial issues related to Economic Sanctions and Anti-Boycott compliance.
- Administer OFAC licensing requirements and develop positive relations with OFAC regulators.
- Oversee a team of 2 attorneys (and 6 compliance professionals) who conduct due diligences on customers and third parties;
- Oversee FSG’s KYC’s program as well as enhanced diligences for customers;
- Oversee the company's global third-party management program and customer data.
- Provide general corporate legal support, including contract review, corporate entity management and other matters as appropriate.
- JD from accredited law school and currently a qualified attorney in good standing
- Minimum of 10 years of experience practicing law with the majority of such experience in a compliance-focused role specifically relevant to matters of anti-money laundering, anti-bribery laws, Economic Sanctions, Anti-Boycott, and OFAC regulations including experience in trading environments
- Responsive attorney with superior written and verbal communication skills and a strong commitment to teamwork
- Demonstrated ability to analyze issues, logical reasoning, persuasiveness and sound judgment
- Ability to provide clear and concise guidance