The Senior Manager, Global SOX 404 Compliance will be responsible for increasing efficiency and effectiveness of the Global SOX Program, including planning, implementing and maintaining an effective and efficient framework of business internal controls to ensure compliance with company policies, US GAAP, and SEC rules and regulations.
- Manage the preparation of a comprehensive annual SOX plan, including top down risk assessment and scoping analysis used as the basis for determining the nature and scope of internal control testing.
- Lead coordination activities related to the annual SOX certification process, working with regional SOX coordinators, external auditors/consultants and internal audit.
- Acts as a key SOX contact for business control owners and internal and external auditors.
- Maintain documentation of key business processes and IT systems/infrastructure (including risks and controls) for use by regional teams, assist with evaluation and assessment of controls, design tests, develop remediation plans where needed and report progress/results.
- Review and monitor regional teams during remediation to ensure that all deficiencies are remediated.
- Lead coordination of updates to documentation and controls as new accounting standards are implemented, new systems implemented, or processes changed, including migration to shared services.
- Recommend enhancements to the SOX program, including controls, testing programs, and SOX documentation and monitoring processes, to improve the overall control environment. Contribute to in-sourcing and centralizing SOX testing to shared service centers, and implement related tools.
- Coordinate quarterly and annual section 302 sub-certifications.
- Work with Finance and Non-Finance Organization management to heighten awareness within the Company on maintaining an appropriate internal control environment. Build long term relationships within the Company to add value within the SOX program, as well as for professional development.
- Stay abreast of developments/regulations related to SOX 404 and ensure that such changes are appropriately communicated within the organization.
- Deliver SOX training for regional and shared services SOX teams, as needed, and coach junior members of the team, building global organizational talent.
- Assist with process and control updates to global senior management and the Company’s Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required; Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Information Systems Auditor preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in finance and accounting, including SOX compliance experience
- Internal or External audit experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical SOX compliance rules and regulations, solid understanding of internal control frameworks (both business process and IT), including COSO
- Experience with agri-commodities trading and food manufacturing, including its unique operating model/structures preferred
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Collaborate with external auditors and internal process owners, independence
- Ability to influence others and to gain consensus
- Strong organizational, team-building and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, project management and people management skills with an ability to work cross-functionally and globally
- Ability to travel internationally 15-25%