This position will support a Sales Director, Regional Sales Manager, or National Accounts Manager for a specific account(s). The individual will be responsible for establishing and maintaining customer relationships with assigned key customers through daily corporate to corporate contact to communicate pricing, product availability, and order management. The primary responsibility will be introducing and placing new products with customers, executing organizational initiatives, and driving sales of key items with strategic customers for long-term growth.
Direct Sales Responsibility
- Accountable for achieving budgeted sales of consumer goods to key customers.
- Develops and achieves maximum sales volume consistent with realistic sales projections for accounts served.
- Maintain business with existing accounts for continued growth.
Communications and Product Management
- Maintain current knowledge of company product management and research and development efforts in order to increase sales and satisfy customer requests for new items.
- Develop working relations with personnel at various levels in order to communicate product availability, logistics information, product specifications, and pricing as needed.
Customer Service Issues
- Ensure prompt and equitable disposition of customer complaints or problems; this may require communication with corporate headquarters.
- Serves as backup for other sales associates as necessary
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and minimum of 3+ year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must understand the dynamics of the Consumer Packaged Goods industry.
- Must have a solid understanding of customer focused and fact based selling, which may include IRI, Neilsen and Perishable Group data.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- SAP experience, preferred.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills, organizational planning, teamwork, analytical reasoning, and adaptability.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- May travel up to 75% of the time (includes local travel).