The Economic Sanctions Compliance Counsel will be responsible for providing compliance support regarding economic regulations relevant to the operations and regulations of the company’s global business. This position is based in St. Louis, Missouri and will report to the Assistant General Counsel, Head of Global Sanctions Compliance, Know Your Customer (KYC) and Customer Information.
- Provide guidance to the business regarding issues arising as a result of Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) sanctions program changes.
- Partnering with Assistant General Counsel, Global Sanctions with discussions with financial institutions regarding the company’s sanctions and KYC policies and procedures. Assist in negotiating sanctions related clauses with various counterparties.
- Provide issue specific advice on various sanctions and KYC to the business.
- Review and revision of contract documents and declaration regarding sanctions and assisting in negotiations relating thereto.
- Partnering with Assistant General Counsel, Global Sanctions, with the development and maintenance of KYC procedures. Provide updates to their economic sanctions guidance policies, and memoranda to local counsel.
- Manage to the company's economic sanctions and export controls training documents and related updates to the company portal, and with conducting training.
- Manage relevant the company personnel regarding recent changes to Department of the Treasury, OFAC and Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) sanctions and controls. Research & monitoring regarding potential bills in Congress relating to sanctions and provide advice to the business relating to developments;
- Prepare and/or assist in preparation of OFAC and/or BIS licenses applications, reports or notifications as required
- Partnering Assistant General Counsel, Global Sanctions regarding anti money-laundering guidance and training documents, updates and due diligence as required. Strategize regarding IT developments efforts to improve the sanctions compliance program and KYC. Research regarding non-U.S. local sanctions and laws relating to sanctions.
- Handle sanctions/AML aspects of financial institution information KYC requests for information on the company's entities. Provide advice to the business on handling and reporting of boycott requests
- Partner with Assistant General Counsel, Global Sanctions, in developing checklists for compliance related procedures and screening requirements.
- J.D. required
- Minimum of five years of experience in regulatory compliance, with the majority of such experience in a compliance-focused role specifically relevant to economic sanctions, export controls, anti-boycott, and OFAC regulations required
- Superior written and verbal communications skills required
- Collaborative with a strong commitment to teamwork required
- Ability to analyze issues with a view to providing clear and concise guidance required