Position Description: Assistant Credit Manager
Basic Function: The Assistant Credit Manager will help increase company profitability by
operating within the guidelines and requirements of the company credit policy, assist in
completing periodic credit reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the
creditworthiness of potential customers, with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales
and bad debt losses.
1. Assist in the day-to-day management of accounts receivable, including releasing loads
2. Manage relations with and participate in appropriate trade and credit groups to
improve credit knowledge
3. Manage relations with internal departments
4. Follow company policies and procedures
1. Maintain the corporate credit policy
2. Recommend changes in the credit policy to the Corporate Trade Finance Manager
3. Manage customer credit files
4. Monitor the credit updating process
5. Monitor periodic credit reviews
6. Assist in completion of credit reviews and account setups
7. Monitor market conditions
8. All other duties as assigned
Desired Qualifications: 5+ years of credit experience. Bachelor's degree in business and
experience with agricultural credit preferred.
Working Conditions: Works in a fast-paced office environment. Expected to travel to for
periodical credit meetings. Some afterhours monitoring of the account approval system.