Works independently, with minimal guidance, receives limited instruction from senior level roles. Performs various types of analyses to assist in the ongoing management of regional and Global compensation programs that provide a competitive level of pay, motivation and reward to employees. Assists in ensuring North America Region complies with all applicable regulations.
Reporting and Working Relationships
Report directly to the Senior Director of Global Compensation and Benefits and will work with HR Business Partners and business management on a daily basis.
- Provide analysis and support on moderately complex regional and global compensation core processes, projects and initiatives
- Enables business compensation strategies through tools, capabilities and communications within the global compensation philosophy framework
- Support HR business partners with necessary data and guidance to support attraction and retention of staff during employee life-cycle, including pay decisions and career development.
- Coordinate the gathering of job documentation and other data needed for leveling of positions. This may include consulting with management or HR Business partners to conduct job analyses and assist in composing job descriptions.
- Market price and evaluate positions to ensure competitive salary ranges provided attract and retain top talent.
- Develops complex queries, reports and analysis to meet business requests
- Support annual cycle processes by assisting with system configuration, user testing and training, and partnering with HR and business leaders to troubleshoot issues
- Design and build compensation reports and tools to streamline program administration, reduce risk, and to assist stakeholders with compensation decision making
- Participates in compensations surveys, conducts benchmarking and best practices analyses and develops recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR, or related field.
- 5 or more years of progressive experience in Compensation, HR or related field.
- Thorough understanding of the various elements and principles of Compensation.
- Strong project management, mathematical and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal, written and listening communication skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- High level of proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Advanced Excel skills including macros, pivot tables, formulas, etc. a strong plus.
- Knowledge of applicable HR laws.
- Able to work in a high-paced environment with deadline driven activity.
- Relationship Management - Builds trusting, productive relationships with internal/external customers, team members, colleagues and stakeholders through transparent, genuine, influential communications.
- Organizational Perspective - Adopts an organizational perspective, defining and leveraging ideas, resources and unique perspectives of the organization’s diverse local and global employee population.
- Change and Innovation - Supports exploring new ideas, calculated risk-taking and choices/initiatives that can make significant impact.
- Performance and Results Orientation - Maintains focus on key performance drivers, continuously improves processes, and consistently delivers results.
- Technical/ Functional Expertise - Applies technical knowledge and skills to gather, collect, document, interpret, and make decisions informed by data.