Frank Group is proud to partner with a long established food transportation company in the Orlando, FL area serving the whole Southeast USA.
We are searching for a Director of Logistics to step into a newly-created role as a high-level leader for all Logistics and Transportation for the organization.
Reports to VP Operations
Manages: 3 Direct Managers/Departments with an additional 200+ individuals in-directly
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree; or minimum of 5 years logistics or supply chain management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive knowledge of trucking industry with a minimum of five years management experience in logistics operations; required experience of managing a minimum of 200 employees and 100+ power units.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug test and background check.
- Must have proof of U.S. Citizenship or have a valid work visa.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license; travel is primarily local during the business day, although out-of-area and overnight travel will be required.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills and ability to independently perform a wide range of activities under general guidance with minimum supervision.
- Requires extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals while leading the work of others.
- Ability to work in a diverse and fast-paced atmosphere both independently and as a team.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to communicate with both internal/external customers; ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, members, and employees of organization.
- Ability to apply knowledge of computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common financial reports and legal documents. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to understand and apply mathematical concepts. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
- Business Partnership: Key member of the operational business team, responsible for assisting in developing operations and supply chain strategy, including recommending capital improvements and talent deployment of the business unit.
- Strategic Leadership: Responsible to establish Division operations strategy, objectives, best practices, tools, and metrics to deliver ‘best in class’ performance across the supply chain (direct and indirect reports).
- Forecasting: Develop short and long-term plans (including facilities, materials, and talent development) to meet customer, industry, business and financial requirements while driving continuous and sustainable improvements; ensure an optimum execution of logistics and operations policies to achieve these short- and long-term objectives.
- Financial Stewardship: Responsible for Division budget (revenue, capital and expense).
- Customer Focus: Work with customer order team to manage inventory in relation to sales; provide guidance on the ideal supply chain flow and trucking routes to optimize customer service, inventory levels and transportation costs.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills: Provide oversight and direction to Division management; implement and carry out proper management procedures, controls and accountability.
- Team Builder: Accountable for staffing decisions, mentoring and developing others, coaching, resource assignments to projects to ensure success of the organization and functional area.