Frank Group is excited to partner with a stellar Perishable Consumer Goods company in North Central Florida. Our client is actively looking for a strong Management Support Lead for one of their flagship Terminal Operations.
This position is responsible for managing personnel and product in a manner that maximizes efficiency and utilizes equipment in the most economical way possible to ensure premium levels of service to our Client's internal and external customers.
While Organization and Process Management are both high priorities
for this role, we are looking for a true People Leader!
This linch-pen role is critical to setting & keeping a positive culture and a high level of employee engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree; or 5 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug test and background check
- Must have proof of U.S. Citizenship or have a valid work visa
- Ability to apply knowledge of computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational/time management skills and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work in a diverse and fast-paced atmosphere both independently and as a team
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to communicate with both internal/external customers
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Equipment & Maintenance
- Ensure the operation provides premium levels of services to both customers and members
- Manage and ensure employee terminal Payroll is completed accurately and submitted on time
- Manage employee benefit time scheduling
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws which includes interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensure all operational, safety, and personnel reports are both accurate and completed on time
- Ensure effective planning of dispatch routes for efficient resource utilization
- Ensure all COMPANY equipment is properly maintained, utilized tracked, and accounted for and used in a manner that is both efficient and cost effective for both COMPANY and its members; ensure all tractor and trailer equipment meet both COMPANY, DOT, and DOA standards; communicate and coordinate COMPANY equipment needs with Maintenance
- General facilities maintenance; maintain a clean, safe, and organized work environment
- Provide Dispatch support
- Ensure all employees are properly trained and understand the job assignments including COMPANY hardware and/or software
- Ensure all employees adhere and are held accountable in accordance to COMPANY polices