JOB SUMMARY: Serve as the liaison between Company, Inc. and all Agricultural Cooperative members; provide services to members, monitor members’ product quality, and assist members with quality challenges. Serve as Company's representative at all industry meetings.
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must maintain F.A.R.M. Animal Care Evaluator certification.
- Requires general knowledge of dairy industry with technical expertise in all aspects of milking equipment and systems; knowledge of quality milk production and laboratory milk tests.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills and ability to independently perform a wide range of activities under general guidance with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work in a diverse and fast-paced atmosphere both independently and as a team.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to communicate with both internal/external customers.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license; travel will be required.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug test and background check.
- Must have proof of U.S. Citizenship or have a valid work visa.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply knowledge of computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Assist SMILE with coordination of meetings.
- Attend industry meetings and events to serve as Company representative as required.
- Serve as liaison between Cooperative producers and corporate office.
- Provide and maintain an antibiotic screening and emergency lab testing facility.
- Maintain strong working relationship with Terminal Dispatch and Supply Division.
- Facilitate communication with members regarding Member Services programs and network purchasing programs.
- Ensures all Cooperative members are compliant with dairy Federal and State regulations.
- Monitor producer quality and track quality challenges; work with producers on ways to improve their quality.
- Track quality history before and after farm visits.
- Assist dairymen in other areas relevant to the cooperative’s role.
- Keep abreast of dairy industry news, current agriculture issues, and SMI activities.
- Generate interest and support for co-op programs